Stithaprajyna

I use this blog to jot down what ever comes into my mind or get to see anything I feel is important.

Saturday, November 13, 2004

Arrest of Kanchi Sankaracharya

I heard about the arrest only when I came to the office. I could see that those who do not appreciate many aspects of the Hindu dharma were happy for the arrest and full of Contempt for the Shankaracharya stating that "Why this Guy is in the spiritual Path?".

My only reply to these people are - just reflect up on that when TRUTH IS UNKNOWN TO US - LET US NOT POUR OUT ARGUMENTS ON THIS.

I happened to read a beautiful article on Mithya - sanskrit equivalent for "Untruth????".

Mithya is that which is "Seems to exist". In vedanta this is explained with a beautiful illustration of how our mind functions. The example here is POT. In realtiy there is no pot when you look at a mud pot. All there is - is clay or earth, isn't it. What we call a POT is the name and form given to clay. When you dissolve the pot in water all there is left is clay or earth. So clay or earth is the Satyam (Truth) and the POT is a Mithya (which our mind projects and believes in) which is created by our own ignorant way of looking at the clay.

With Prem and Om
In the Name of Iswara
Mahesh

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home