Stithaprajyna

I use this blog to jot down what ever comes into my mind or get to see anything I feel is important.

Tuesday, August 23, 2005

Visual Studio Editor Guidelines

I came across a cool tip today.
By adding a registry entry you can include the vertical guide to the Visual Studio editor (applicable to VS 2003 and forward). This will be very handy and help you write codes with no need to scroll when reading your codes again.









The registry entry is
[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\VisualStudio\7.1\Text Editor]
"Guides"="RGB(0,0,250) 5, 85"
Here I have set the rules at 5th and 85th columns.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks. This TIP is very handy.

7:54 PM  
Blogger Gopi Sundharam said...

Hmmm.. nice one. Lemme give it a try.

-- Gopi

3:54 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home